~ James is a supporting protagonist in The Railroad Girl.~
Full Name: James The Red Engine
Also Known As: The Red Rocket
Species: Steam Engine
Relatives: George Hughes (designer), Horwich Works (builder), Emily (girlfriend)
Hair Color: N/A
Eye Color: Black
Skin Color: Grey
James is a red mixed-traffic engine with red paint with black lining, gold boiler bands, a brass dome, black wheels, and a red coal tender with the number "5" on it.
- James is very proud of his red paint
- He is best friends with Edward, Henry, and the Scots
- When he first arrived at Winter City, he was black with red lining, but Ernie rewarded him with a new coat of paint for doing his first jobs properly and finishing on time
- His favorite movies are Shrek, Shrek 2, Shrek The Third, Shrek: Forever After, the Star Wars saga, the Indiana Jones saga, and The Incredibles
- He does like performing his tasks, but he likes getting the day off more
- He hates bees
- Until his nose healed from being stung, the other engines teased him by singing "James The Red-Nosed Engine", their own adaptation of "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer"
- His favorite bands are Journey, Steppenwolf, Survivor, The Eagles, Queen, and The Brian Setzer Orchestra, and Huey Lewis & The News
- So far, He is the only engine who is a Brony, or a male My Little Pony fan
- His favorite pony is Rarity
- He has a vast collection of My Little Pony merchandise, including throw rugs, mugs, vinyl figures, and even a wood carving of Rarity he got at a flea market.